Time for the big reveal!!! I told you guys in the post earlier that I was spending the day getting my hair straightened with the KeraStraight Brazilian Keratin Treatment and it was quite an adventure, let me tell you.
The stylists at Ulta are top notch, salon manager Michelle of the Tinley Park Ulta did my hair. The process was long with all of this thick, natural hair of mine so I know that her poor arms got quite a workout! LOL, sorry Michelle :P
1. She washed my hair with the KeraStraight treatment shampoo, once as a regular wash and then a second time to let it sit in the hair for 10 minutes.
2. Sit under the dryer for a while so that hair can get completely dry and the treatment can be applied.
3. Carefully and painstakingly apply keratin treatment in tiny sections to the whole entire head, coating every strand root to tip. Normally for this process (say on a white girl with wavy hair) it takes about half a bottle of the treatment...on my thick curly long hair, it probably took FOUR bottles, lmao!!!
4. Flat iron the hair with the treatment on to seal it in.
5. Wash 2 more times (my hair curled back up at this point so I gave a sigh of relief because I knew that it wasn't permanently straight and it CAN curl back up...just will be less frizzy and can be bone straight if I want to blow dry and flat iron)
6. Blow dry and flat iron hair to style and achieve sleek results.
7. Clip ends and DONE.
It took 5 hours and 3 different stylists working on my head because this girl has a lot of hair apparently, lol. They were such troopers and excited to work with my texture, so I didn't mind being their guinea pig. I'd go back because they did an awesome job!
7350 191st St
Tinley Park, IL 60487
I like that it has MAJOR body, just swings back and forth and is very shiny. So far, so good and I like the treatment. I'll update with photos after I wash it for the first time :)
Would you or have you ever gotten this done? What did you think??
new pics from morning after: