This week, the friend friday questions focus on having a connection with blog readers.
1. How important do you think reader connectedness is to the success of your blog?
I think that it is very important because I thoroughly enjoy interaction with my readers. I am not running a cold, technical blog that reads as a manual; this is a space to have fun and speak with each other on hair, makeup, beauty, fine men, and everything else that makes life as a girl grand :) Regular readers who chit chat with me in the comments or on twitter make my day.
2. What do you do to draw readers in and create that writer-reader bond?
I try to keep my content interesting, fun, and relevant to readers so that they would want to come back and maybe even comment or pass along pieces/posts. Talking with ya'll on twitter has been the best way for reader interaction.
3. What is one way you could improve this connection?
I'm not sure and would really like if any readers could let me know....I want this experience to be good for you, hope that you enjoy my space. Pull up a cocktail, kick up those heels, and let's have a girly chat :)
4. Is there a blogger you think does a great job creating that writer- reader bond? Why?
Karen of http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/ is great at this! She is always posting well written funny pieces, comments and chats with everyone in her comments, and there's just something about her blog that makes you want to take part and read it daily. She comes across as warm, friendly, and engaging so I like going there and apparently so do many other people since she has such a huge following.
5. What do you do to cultivate new readers? How do you get them to your site in the first place?
I explained all of that in the self promotion post.
So, what do you say? What makes you come back for more to certain blogs? What could be improved here at Socialite Dreams? Do you feel the connection? Huh huh, can you feel it?